CARBO - McIntyre, GA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on compliance support for CARBO operating facilities through technical support of compliance tasks such as emissions testing management, periodic reporting, training and inspection support.
- Develop and maintain relationships with operating plant / facility staff that support a collaborative model of providing environmental compliance support.
- Manage permit modifications, amendments and renewals of environmental licenses and permits including Title V, NPDES, storm water, etc., in a manner that supports CARBO’s business goals in a compliant and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with planning, development and implementation of environmental policies, programs, procedures and standards.
- Coordinate issues associated with emissions monitoring systems, including certification and commissioning of new systems and emissions testing efforts. Develop, maintain and oversee environmental training programs.
- Coordinate communication and interactions with governmental agencies, including requests for information, investigations / inspections and enforcement activities.
- Complete all environmental reports that are required to be submitted to the state
- Flexibility to overnight travel as required – up to 20%.
- Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required.
The successful candidate must have the ability to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or equivalent
- 3 years’ environmental compliance support experience in manufacturing, chemicals, or other related industry. Work in a dusty/dirty and often hot environment (both indoors and outdoors)
- Solid knowledge of major environmental regulatory programs, including NSPS, NPDES, PSD, Title V, etc.
- Experience in environmental reporting, management and administration of environmental permits, program audits, inspections and other relevant aspects of environmental compliance programs.
- Ability to manage environmental projects and to work constructively with and supervise work with and supervise 3rd party consultants.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities for multiple locations.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and internet research skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively speak and present material.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – in particular, the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage and process confidential/sensitive information discretely.
- Ability to work and manage effectively from remote locations and effectively work in a team environment across multi-site organizations.